Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food For Playgroup ---- Part 2/2




Giving the DULL looking Fruit Roll a New image

In my very early blog, I had introduced fruit roll as one of the healthy snack with the link:

But it looks dull, I realised lately that appearance is important. The dish needs to be appealing to your eyes before anyone would pick them up to eat. So I revamp this dish into Fruit Stick....





This was not one of my bring along dishes for the playgroup, I had my Mush Nugget as mentioned in my earlier blog. But some how I don't know how, this idea popped up in my mind. It was like a picture painted in my mind and I just have to do it. I could not find any good sulphur free dried apricot in my nearby supermarket so I replaced it with strawberry and dates. It still taste Good!!!




You can do your own combination of fruits. Let your favourite smoothies turn into rolls which you can bring out without worrying that you need a cooler bag for your smoothies. But I still emphasis that we should eat more high content food. Smoothies is still better than dehydrated fruit roll but in term of outdoor snacks, fruit roll is a better choice. There should be a balance to everything and eat with moderation.

Coming back to dried apricot, you can get them from Cold Storage. They carry organic sulphur free dried apricot which is brown in colour. The bright yellow one that you see in supermarkets, usually contain sulphur which is not good for your health. Read the ingredients and labels!!! Make sure we know what food we are buying and consuming. We are paying for the food and we don't want to pay for anything that will damage our health ya.

1 comment: