Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chia Chia!


I have been hearing people promoting Chia Seed lately, in
Vegetarian Society and in Facebook...The introduction of this seed tells people that it has multiple of certain elements that will benefits the body and this seed is labelled as SUPER Food. Only EPG is selling this and they look so precious for people especially vegetarian because we worried we will missed out certain nutrition when we omitted meat from our diet. For mothers, we will worried that our children will not be nutrition enough as a vegetarian or vegan.



While we are in the progress of improving our diet, these worries are understandable and we would want to know more information before we do the transit. Reading up books and proper website is essential initially, this will built up your confident with examples from others.
Reference : www.ourplaceinternational.com
Herbert Shelton
Harvey Diamond


As our body gets cleaner, our instinct will be better and we will listen to our stomach instead, without using our intellect. When we reached that stage, we don't have to worry about the Nutrition Factor in the food, we just go according to our instinct. This is what I understand from Siok Khoon from our place international. They have been doing self healing and cleansing their body as and when necessary according to body's needs with Fasting. Their instinct revealed slowly and understand the truth better. For me, I am still in progress and will believe that I will experience their freedom if I continue to cleanse my body but not now... ke ke :)


In Buddhism, it is similar, we clear our mind from dust everyday with practise and meditation. So our wisdom will slowly revealed as times goes by. If we stopped one day, the dust will accumulate and we have to start all over again. I am so blessed to know the Dharma and the way in healing our body. For those who read this Blog, hope that you can too, seriously look into these two areas.


Coming back to Chia, me too, bought a bottle of Chia Seed for fun because I have not tried it before. It is quite impressive that this seed can expand 10 times of its size after soaking it in the water for 2 hours, some used them after soaking for 30 mins. It is gel like and is good as a pudding. I tried drinking with beverage like bubble tea with the pearl. But I realised that I will just swallow the seed without chewing them and I don't feel comfortable after that, difficult to digest if not properly chewed. I got this Chia Pudding recipe from everyday raw desserts by Kenney. He has impressive pictures in his books and they all looks like commercial desserts selling in Hotels. I got the Chia Pudding recipe from it and add my own created cream sauce on top. Have fun with the gel like food but don't to be too obsessed with the nutritions in it and force it on your child.

Chia Pudding (simplified from everyday raw desserts by Kenney)
1 cup cashew
2 cups water
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp liquid amino
1/2 cup chia seeds

Blend all ingredients except for chia seeds.
Pour mixture into chia seed and mix thoroughly.
Let it sit for 2 hours.

Cream (by TSL Kitchen)
Cashew
rice milk
agave nectar
vanilla extract

blend them all up and drizzle on top of chia pudding

3 comments:

  1. yummy!! drooling.. must try it out.. I love pudding =P Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pudding is so yummy with Chia! While not so raw, I've also been popping them in my sauces for pasta and it give it a great thick texture. I'm happy I found your blog and I will be trying some of your raw recipes!

    ReplyDelete