Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food For Playgroup ---- Part 1/2




I happened to saw this recipe from Evie's Kitchen from Shazzie. Mush Nuggets!!! It looks good on the pic with crispy coating similar to the bread crumbs coated on fish nugget and the ingredients are simple. To my surprise, it taste good, soft on the inside and crispy from the outside. I don't have to watch my husband eating his chicken nuggets again, I can still have mine too.


For this Mush Nugget, the recipes asked for...

4 large flat mushroom --- slice into 3~4mm wide of strips
100g golden flax seeds --- blend into powder
20ml olive oil --- organic, cold pressed
20ml water
pinch of Himalayan pink salt --- replaced with Liquid Amino

Mix water, oil, liquid amino into a bowl.
Coat the mushroom slices in the liquid mixtures on all sides.
Coat the mushroom slices again with Flaxseed powder on all sides

Dehydrate for 2 hours and serve or place in an oven in lowest temperature for 1 hour or until the flaxseed powder is crispy. Flaxseed itself contains high content of plant-derived OMEGA 3 fatty acid, similar to those found in fish. It can be hard to digest for children but once in a while I would add some in the smoothies for my son. It has to be soaked for at least 20 mins before using.

Of course, with nuggets, we also cannot miss TOMATO Sauce. I have prepare my dehydrated tomato in advance, prepared for this recipe a long time ago. Now it is time to use it!

60g dried tomato
3 red pepper bell
4 dates
1/4 onion
1 tbsp lemon juice

Blend everything together in the blender. It should have the same consistency as ketchup - dollopy.


Accident Recipe --- Goreng Pisang

It was by chance that I did this with the left over flaxseed powder from the Mush Nugget. It would be wasteful to throw away the remaining so I searched through my kitchen to see what else can I use it with. My husband said that it looked like Fish Fillet when I MMS the pic to him. And he asked me for this dish when he reached home. I cutted the banana into half and coated it with flaxseed and dehydrate for 2 hour. To get the flaxseed stick to the banana, I poked holes on the uncutted area to wet the surface. It is warm and nice when you eat it immediately from the dehydrator. It is good!!! But one thing to take note is not to dehydrate the banana above 46 degree so as to have the fruits remain raw. Fruits should be eaten RAW and with empty stomach!

2 comments:

  1. really look like Goreng Pisang and look so crispy! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finished all ur "raw" mushroom that night..cant tell its raw..lol

    ReplyDelete