Saturday, February 26, 2011

Should get THIS earlier!


I should have got this EARLIER!!! It saves me so much effort, time and most important my vegetables strips are not watery. My husband loves my salad today, he says it feels likes eating noodles. He is very good in eating salad, he adds in NO CONDIMENTS, NO SEASONING, PLAIN! I have to KOWTOW to him because I still can't. I have lots of herbs lah, sweeten lah, lime lah and Braggs loh.... See mine below, I stood in front of my kitchen cabinet adding all my condiments for 5 mins..... All the condiments are a transition for me, hopefully one day I can do without them. But for now I like it and enjoy it, I don't know about you, why not you try it.



Oh yah, I forget to introduce you my super helper for this
dish. The Orange Shredder, humpp... I don't know the real name for this. Siok Khoon had introduced us this equipment 3 years ago when I attended her class. I was thinking I had a small conventional one and did not want to add anymore equipment in my kitchen; and and and I was soooo lazy to go to CK Tang Orchard to get it. I hate the crowd unless it is a weekday, it was so energy draining after walking through it. Headache and drowsiness will come and find me after that. I used to enjoy taking leave
during WEEKDAY to shop at Orchard Road, it feels goood to have the whole place yours.






I happen to saw it again in OG at New Bridge Road, it cost $19. This time, I found it too expensive for me to buy. My friend, Yvonne, strongly encourage me to get it but I did not take her words seriously. So during Chinese New Year, I used the conventional one, spending effort/strength holding the root vegetable, spending time peeling the roots vegetable and kept the remaining for juicing.... I would not want to do this so often, so tiring....

Again I saw this Orange Shredder while searching for Saladacco for my friend. This weekend, my husband and I were there, in New Bridge Road, stocking our parts and food for our part time HOBBY. I bought it for my HOBBY as I think will be useful. I tried it and to my surprise, I love it! My husband finds my previous noodle salad watery but not this time. I spent the least effort in shredding it and no left over needed to be kept. It is very fast and efficient because it is cutting in 2 way. In no time, it will be done. Going Up, Down, Up, Down, it is FUN!!!

Below are my recipes:

Shredded Carrot (Orange Shredder)
Shredded Cucumber (Orange Shredder)
Shredded Turnip (not in pic)
Shredded Purple Cabbage (by 2 way Peeler)
Shredded Onion (small portion)
Avocado (Cubed)
Whole Wheat Chips
Sesame Seed
Cinnamon Powder
Black Pepper Powder
Agave Nectar
1 Lime, Juiced



2 comments:

  1. Yes this gadget is very useful and safer, lower risk of cutting your fingers. I have it as well hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got it too...but at CK Tang..think much more expensive! lol...next time will check out OG first

    ReplyDelete