Monday, June 7, 2010

Same Ingredient with 2 looks


Flaxseed Biscuit VS Mummy's Cookie

I saw the Flaxseed Biscuit from Kate Wood's book and got so excited and decided to try it but she is using Brazil nuts, ohhhh... that is expensive.. her favourite ingredient.... So i change it to Almond instead. All her recipes that ask for Brazil nuts, I changed them to Almond. It turns out to be hmmm hmmm....
Ingredient : 150gAlmond, 120gFlaxseed, 100gRaisin, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp agave nectar

To prepare the Almond, I soak it overnight, remove the skin. Flaxseed to be soaked for 1/2 hr. Blend all the ingredient together with some water except for raisins. Add in more water if the blender is not moving. Mix in the raisins to the blend then spread the the puree on the dehydrator tray and dehydrate it for 6 hours, flip it over and semi cut into small squares for easy breaking up. Dehydrate further for another 8 hours or so until it totally drys up.

For the Mummy's cookie, I made the name myself because I created this cookie while making milk for my son. He drinks Almond milk instead of Cow's or Goat's milk. This is another Topic to be discussed, it will be a long one, so we will postpone to another blog ya... Ok, yah, almond milk, I learnt it from Ray and Siok Khoon to replace this milk if you have insufficient BreastMilk or you like to have supplement for your baby or yourself. But BREAST MILK is the best and only you can give it to your precious child. You cannot buy any off the shelf? Can you? And this is a very Noble JOB. Hip Hip Hurray for all Breast Feeding Mum, you are doing a GREAT Job.

Oh Ya, coming back to Mummy's cookie, I handle the Almond and Flaxseed the same way as I mentioned above. But I only use 2 teaspoon of Flaxseed for the milk. After blending the nuts and seeds with water (1 cup of seed vs 2 cups of water), I strained off the leftover nuts and keep the milk for my son. He don't like pure almond milk so I have to add Rice milk to it. With the left over, I stirred in cinnamon, rice milk and raisins. It turns out to be a wet dough, then I shape then into cookie size and dehydrate it. It tasted like the CNY white cookie, it will soften in your mouth.

1 comment: