Friday, August 27, 2010

Carob Cake



Girls usually loves sweet things including Chocolate. During Valentine's Day, you will see lots of heart shaped chocolates on sales, of course with ROSE . I used to eat chocolate during school time as my snack. I still love them especially the Bitter Chocolate Bar with Almond nuts and Chocolate delight cake but due to the caffeine in it, it is not advisable to consume too much and best to avoid if you can. But not to be dishearted, the good news is CAROB is here to save the CRAVE. It has similar taste or feel as chocolate and best that it does not contain caffeine but it does not means that we can eat as much as we like. Everything have to be in moderation including good food.









You can get your carob powder from Organic Paradise in Somerset. My favourite is to add Carob to Rice milk, it taste almost like Milo. Browsing through the recipes, I replaced the chocolate content with Carob and came out with some Carob cake as shown in the pic. It saved my day, I took a few bites whenever I have craving for dessert. It maybe dense with the ingredient of sprouted wheat, dates and carob powder but it neutralised with the creamy filling on top (banana, avocado, agave nectar and carob powder).



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, its delicious! Help me to battle my craving for brownie!!!

    ReplyDelete