Friday, May 21, 2010

Cheapest Nutritious Juice


Can you guess which fruit juice is the cheapest? Yeah, the WATERMELON....At this moment of time, I can only see this as the cheapest juice according to the price in Singapore market. I bought one medium/small watermelon for just $3 from MCP supermart and start working with it on my indispensible single auger juicer. Hmm, maybe I should explain what is single auger juicer(masticating juicer), as you can see from the picture, you can push the fruits from the top and the worm gear will bring the fruits in and crush them to get the juice out with a slow speed.

Why we need a slow speed one? Isn't a normal centrifugal juicer good enough? It is said that the centrifugal juicer has high speed that will create friction when you juice the fruits and in turn generate heat that will oxidize the juice faster and nutrient level will be lower. You cannot store the juice like masticating juicer do but you drink juice is better than not drinking any, right? For a start, centrifugal is good enough, I bought a cheap one for $39 and last me for 1~2 years.

Ok, back to the juice topic, for 3 dollars I can juice 5 bottles of Lock Lock airtight 300ml container with so little pulps, each cup only cost me $0.60 WoW @@ Hmm, some of you might ask "How about the washing up and juicing time? Thinking of washing and the time spent, I rather order from Fruit stall or buy from Supermarket.... Yeah, it is true but I personally prefer FRESH and I know how I make it. I drank some juice diluted before and it spoilt my mood, it is not cheap too. One pointer, concentrated juice is not really a preferred choice. Guess what, from setting up machine, cutting watermelon, juicing and also WASHING, it took me 30 mins to complete. Cool huh... You can try, maybe you can do it faster than me.

Watermelon juice can be very cleansing so it is better for pregnant woman not to drink too much. But it is very good for MEN when you have problem having offspring. Thanks to watermelon, I have my 1st child.... to be continue....


No comments:

Post a Comment